Available with Steel Cable or
Wyeth-Scott vs. Foreign
The Wyeth-Scott Company is a small shop located in central Ohio whose owner believes in keeping America strong by helping to employ Americans. "Our product is manufactured here in Ohio with parts mostly sourced from U.S. manufacturers", says Amy Kent, Owner. "I am committed to continue producing a quality product right here in the USA. It is not the cheapest, but it is the safest, most rugged puller on the market." Those who use The More Power Puller® have come to rely on its incredible durability, usefulness and power. "We service come-alongs that are often decades old", adds Amy, "They've been handed down from one generation to the next, and often all they need is a new cable or spring. We enjoy hearing our customers' stories about how they remember their Grandfather using our puller and now how they've used that same heirloom puller to get them out of tough situations."
The imitators have tried, but not been able to duplicate, or even come remotely close to, the powerhouse of a product manufactured by The Wyeth-Scott Company. The More Power Puller® has been manufactured by Wyeth-Scott since 1934 in Newark, Ohio. Over the years, imitator products have surfaced that are new and cheap, but they are no match for the safety and longevity built into each More Power Puller®. Some unfortunate consumers have been fooled into purchasing a cheap look-a-like product manufactured overseas…only to find that it came no where near the quality Wyeth-Scott builds into each and every puller that leaves their shop. The Asian-made knock-off adopted a similar name and similar color in an attempt to cash in on the success of Wyeth-Scott's bright red cable puller. The imitations are lower in cost due to the source…there is no competing with that…but you do get what you pay for. The difference in quality between the real deal and the cheap knock-offs can be decades of use compared to a single use.
Wyeth-Scott doesn't need to copy others. Product improvements are the result of real life personal experience, customer suggestions and employee ingenuity. Puller parts are designed to be compatible with the very old pullers that occasionally need a little TLC. Some examples of improvements made in recent years are the switch from an iron reel to a welded steel one, a beefed-up yoke at the wear points and the addition of grease holes. In 2009, Wyeth-Scott began offering pullers with AmSteel-Blue synthetic rope, an amazing product that is both lightweight and stronger than steel cable. They are the first (and so far the only manufacturer) to offer this incredible option.
Why Wyeth-Scott's "The More Power Puller®" is SUPERIOR to an Imported Imitation
- Manufactured in the USA in the heartland of Ohio since 1934 (over 82 years).
- Quality American made ductile iron castings and American made steel in the reel.
- Safety handle is designed to fail in an overload situation so the puller is not damaged and you are not injured.
- High quality control standards and pullers are fully inspected before shipping.
- Outlasts imitations by decades.
- Welded steel reel with 100% wearing surface.
- 5/16" flexible fiber core wire rope (cable) and 5/16" AmSteel-Blue synthetic rope are both made to withstand rugged use.
- Optional extension handle available to make the task easier.
- Replacement parts are available and in stock, including models decades in age.
- Online ordering is available 24/7 for all pullers and parts.
- Knowledgeable staff providing technical advice on use and repair is just a phone call or email away.
- Our YouTube channel has videos that show how to replace cable, plus a few other interesting videos. More videos will be posted in the future.
- Customers have posted their own YouTube videos using our puller because they believe in our product. These can be helpful for you. See our liked videos on our channel to find them.
- Helpful user information in our faq's on website.
- Website has instruction manuals and repair procedures.
- Wyeth-Scott's owner and co-workers take great pride in our product and our customer service.